The Car Accident That Didnt Happen! Appreciate your Success

“You might well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself” 
Napoleon Hill


I am going to tell you a story, a true story. This story has affected my life in more ways than I can ever truly explain in writing. But I will try, because it is a lesson I believe we should all learn. 

I grew up very poor, without much, and ever sense I was young I would tell myself I would be someone. I wouldn't live like my parents lived, I would beat the rat race and become successful. I wanted to experience the good things of life, and not have to deal with money problems. My desire was deep and became a obsession. That set me fighting on towards my goals, which I'm forever in the pursuit of. I learn more and gain more each and every day, as I accomplish goals I build new ones. 

But as much as I am learning, and as much as I am gaining. I didn't appreciate it.

I was driving home from work one day, exhausted and tired. I have a problem when it comes to driving on the highway, I tend to doze off. Well I was driving along at 75mph with the cruise control on. Next thing I know I wake up, a second away from hitting blinking sign saying the lane was closed. I hit the brakes and turned the wheel just missing the sign. I thought I was dead, I didn't know what I was still alive. I head on collision, at that speed, at a object that big, there was no way. But some how I avoided it. I am alive. Do I believe I should have died that day, all the facts say I should have. But I didn't. I am here now, to teach, to learn, and to earn myself. But the main lesson within this story.

No matter what your doing, no matter how far you've come or haven't. Life is precious, and every second your alive is worth it. Don't live fighting off old regrets, or misfortunes. Live for today, and the good things in life. Appreciate how far you have come, and just the fact that your alive and able to pursue your dreams. Fight hard to accomplish your goals, but all the while appreciate the fact that you have the chance and how far you have come.

Everyone can be happy, and everyone can gain success.