Self Control Esssay

"The man who actually knows just what he wants in life has already gone a long way toward attaining it."
Napoleon hill, The Law of Success book-Chapter on Self-Control.



I wish to be of service to to others as I journey through life. To do this I have adopted this creed as a guide to be followed in dealing with my fellow beings:

To train myself so that never, under and circumstances, will I find fault with any person, no matter how much I may disagree with them or how inferior their work may be, as long as I know they are sincerely trying to do their best.

To respect my country, my profession, and myself. To be honest and fair with others, as I expect them to be honest and fair with me. To be a loyal citizen of my country. To speak of it with praise, and act always as a worthy custodian of its good name. To be a person whose name carries weight wherever it goes.

To base my expectations of reward on a solid foundation of service rendered. To be willing to pay the price of success in honest effort. To look upon my work as an opportunity to be seized with joy and made the most of, and not as a paoinful drudgery to be reluctantly endured.

To remember that success lies within myself- in my own brain. To expect difficulties and to force my way through them.

To avoid procrastination in all its forms, and never, under any circumstances put off until tomorrow any duty that should be performed today.

Finally, to take a good grip of the joys of life, so I may be courteous to others, faithful to friends, true to god-a fragrance in the path I tread.



All successful people grade high on Self-Control. All failures grade low, generally zero, on this important law of human conduct.

Study the people around you and observe, with profit, that all the successful people exercise self-control. While the failures allow their thoughts,deeds, and words run wild.