The Golden Rule

Joe Girard
"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs...
One Step At A Time"
Joe Girard









Treat people the way you would want them to treat you!

I consider myself to have a pretty good understanding of customer service. When I first started work I realized how many people never seemed to be happy and almost always rude. One of the things I started trying was to see if I could make them happy. If I gave a smile, would I receive one back? Not all of the time, but I saw more smiles each time I did.
So then I would try and take it a step further, when I became engaged with a customer who seemed to be angry, I would try my best to conversate and be as polite as I could. I realized, I could turn someones day around just by being polite and caring, no matter how angry the person first appeared to be.

So my lesson is that, if you treat others how you want to be treated from the start, chances are you will get that same treatment back. This is also key to salesmanship.